Friday 21 November 2014

Journal entry 2


Reflect on your learning process in the unit.
 

 
            During the second unit of this semester I realized that visual resources were more meaningful for society that what I believed.
I realized that movies and pictures have portrayed ímportant events of our history even though we had not been born yet. For example, I didn't know so much about the Vietnam war but I could imagine it because of the photographs.
 
           I learnt about the cinema in India. Even though we can imagine that movies are the same in the whole world, there are very different in the Indian culture. For example, as we have occidental influences in our country we are used to watch movies from Hollywood. From this point of view, movies last one hour and some minutes, maybe two hours, and the audience must be quiet during the movie. Nevertheless, in the Indian culture, movies must last as minimun three hours, and the Indian people are used to talk inside the theatre or cinema in order to give opinions about the movie in the same moment it is happening.
Another comparison between Hollywood and Bollywood is that this last industry incorporates musical parts in their movies because the main objective is to entertain the whole family.

            I learnt about  different types of movies and how to use them in a proper way inside the classroom. When I was in school my teacher used to play the movies when we didn't have anything else to do. However, from the text we read I learnt that is more meaningful if you choose just a part or some minutes of a movie instead of using the whole one. If you use some minutes you can do different activities. You can do a brainstorming to retrieve some ideas about students' perception, you can ask for predictions from them and many other ideas.


            I consider that I learnt vocabulary such as cultural memory by Reading the texts. The readings were the most important part of our process. Nevertheless, I learnt some pronunciation by watching the movie we had to remake.

             I believe I can improve my skills by practicing them. I believe I need to do more listening activities such as listening to movies or videos to promote the development of this skill.
I think this was an excellent unit.
             
 
 


1 comment:

  1. No oral entry = 1,0

    Writing
    Use of Grammar 9 /10
    Cohesion 9 /10
    Nature of the task 7/10
    Scope of the reflection 7 /10

    Score: 32 Mark:5.0

    Final Mark:2,6

    The nature of the written part is focused on the methodological awareness. What you did fits better for the oral entry. It is very well explained and exemplified.

    ReplyDelete